1. Collection Of Information
2. Use Of Information
3. Sharing Of Information
4. Additional Details
5. Your Choices
6. Data Rights
7. Contact Us
1. Collection Of Information
We collect information about you when you:
• Create an account;
• Use the Platform;
• Attend an event;
• Visit our website; and
• Communicate with us.
We also collect information, such as usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies.
If you elect to use certain features, we also collect information through other sources, such as social media services, invitations, and imported contacts.
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create an account, choose interests or groups, fill out a form, or communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include your name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, payment method data, photos, choices of interests and groups, and any other information that you choose to provide. See Section 2 to learn how we will use the information that you provide to personalise our recommendations and other content to you.
On occasion, the information that you give us when you join a group may imply information about your beliefs and political views. This, and other kinds of sensitive information, is given special protection. Please follow our user Guidelines when posting personal information about yourself or others.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Platform
When you use our Platform, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser that you use; the time, duration and frequency of your access; Platform pages viewed; your IP address; and the page you visited before visiting our Platform.
• Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
• Other Information: If you choose to do so, we may collect other information from your device, such as photos from your camera roll.
1.3 Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as through certain features on the Platform you elect to use, but only where these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your information to us. Examples include:
- Member Content. We may receive information about you when you or another member uploads photos or posts other content to the Platform. For further details about the rights over this information available to individuals, see Section 6
- Information From Other Third-Party Sources. In order to provide you with more tailored recommendations, we may obtain information about you from publicly and commercially available sources and other third parties as permitted by law. For more information about the data that we obtain from these providers, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leavers of Britain is a data controller. Members, including event organisers, are directly responsible for complying with all requirements of applicable privacy laws in connection with the information that they obtain and process for the purposes of managing their contacts, or organising events.
2. Use Of Information
We use information about you to:
• Operate, improve, promote, and protect Leavers of Britain and our Platform;
• Communicate with you; and
• Personalise content.
2.1 Operating our Platform
We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Platform, including to:
1. Provide, maintain, and improve our Platform, including to process transactions, develop new products and services, and manage the performance of our Platform;
2. Display information about you, such as your name if you leave a comment or set up an event;
3. Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Platform; and
4. Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions, abuse, and other illegal activities; to protect the rights, property, or safety of Leavers of Britain and others; to enforce compliance with our policies; and to comply with applicable law and government requests.
5. Perform accounting and administrative tasks, and enforce or manage legal claims.
2.2 Communicating With You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
1. Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
2. Communicate with you, in accordance with your account settings, about events, and events offered by us and fellow members, to provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you, to conduct online surveys, to contact you about events on our Platform that are being held near your location, and to otherwise communicate with you in accordance with
3. Notify you about communications of other members, in accordance with the communication preferences that you indicate in your account; and
4. Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
2.3 Advertising And Other Uses
We may use information about you for various other purposes, including to:
1. Provide content, features, or sponsorships that match member profiles or interests;
2. Facilitate contests and other promotions;
4. Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time that we collected the information.
2.4 Legal Basis for Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it.
1. We process information about you in order to provide our services in accordance with our Terms of Service, for example to allow you to join groups, or to join discussions on the Platform with other members, and to allow us to send you important service updates.
2. We also process information about you where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and not overridden by your rights (for example, in some cases for direct marketing, fraud prevention, network and information systems security, responding to your communications, the operation of networks of groups by the network administrators, and improving our Platform).
3. Sometimes you provide us with sensitive information about you; for instance, the mere fact of joining a the Platform may indicate information about your, political views. Joining or posting information on the Platform about these topics is entirely voluntary and done with your explicit consent.
4. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect information about you, or may otherwise need the information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
5. We may also process information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract.
3. Sharing Of Information
We may disclose information about you:
• to fellow members, if you RSVP to their event via the Platform, in which case your first name only and your interest in the event will be communicated to the organiser;
• to our third-party service providers who help us to operate or improve our Platform;
• to authorities to comply with legal obligations and to protect and defend our rights and property; and
• to an affiliate or successor entity as part of a corporate transaction.
We may also share anonymised information that does not include personal data.
3.1 Through Our Platform
We share your first name by displaying it on our Platform if you join in discussions on the Platform or by sending it to the event organiser if you RSVP to an event.
3.4 With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Platform to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorise, and are subject to confidentiality obligations.
3.5 Legal Compliance and Protecting Rights
We may access, retain, and disclose information about you to third parties, including the content of messages, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, applicable law or regulation. We may also disclose information about you if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service or related guidelines and policies, or if necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of, Leavers of Britain or others.
3.6 Social Media and Other Tools
The Platform may offer sharing features and other tools which let you share events from the Platform with third-party services, and vice versa. Such features let you share information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you have chosen with that service. The third-party service provider’s use of the information will be governed by the third-parties’ privacy policies, and we do not control third-parties’ use of the shared data. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please review the privacy policies of the services that provide these features.
3.7 Affiliate Sharing and Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
If Leavers of Britain is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganisation, bankruptcy, or sale of our assets, information about you may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We may also share information about you with current or future corporate parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
3.8 Other Situations
We may anonymise or aggregate information about you, so that you can no longer be identified and share it freely. We may also share information about you with your consent or at your direction or where we are legally entitled to do so.
4. Additional Details
• With your permission, we may allow others to use technologies that collect information about you to provide analytic services, and to serve ads for Leavers of Britain. You may be able to disable the collection or use of this information.
• We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information and have implemented technical and organisational measures in line with industry best practices. We cannot guarantee these controls will provide absolute security.
4.1 Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
We employ technical and organisational measures designed to appropriately protect your personal information that is under our control, and that we process, from unauthorised access collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or processing. We store all information that you provide to us on secure servers. We train employees regarding our data privacy policies and procedures, and permit authorised employees to access information only as required for their role. We use firewalls designed to protect against intruders and test for network vulnerabilities. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
Where you have a password, which enables you to use our services, you are responsible for keeping this password complex, secure, and confidential. If you would like to update or change your password, you may select the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page. You will be sent an email that allows you to reset your password.
4.4 Data Retention
We retain certain information that we collect from you while you are a member of the Platform, and in certain cases where you have deleted your account, for the following reasons:
• So you can use our Platform;
• So ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to;
• To better understand the traffic to our Platform so that we can provide all members with the best possible experience;
• To detect and prevent abuse of our Platform, illegal activities and breaches of our Terms of Service; and
• To comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymise it.
4.5 Policy Scope
4.6 Revisions to this Policy
• You can review and change information about you or deactivate your account in your account settings, but we may retain certain information.
• You have the right to opt out of receiving Leavers of London promotional messages, but you may still receive other non-promotional communications.
5.1 Account Information
You may update or correct your account information by editing your account settings or by sending a request to email@example.com as described in Section 6. You may deactivate your account by editing your account settings or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.2 Location Information
When you first access the Platform, we will collect information about your location, which we use to make better recommendations for events in your area, and to improve the Platform. If you do not want us to collect information about your location, then you can prevent this:
• If using a mobile app, by changing the settings on your device.
Note that our Platform or its features may no longer function as well if you do.
5.3 Promotional Communications
You can control messages that you receive from Leavers of Britain, and third parties by selecting the unsubscribe link in the message that you receive, or by adjusting the communication preferences in your account settings. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account.
6. Data Rights
• You may have the right to exercise your data protection rights, including to request that Leavers of Britain deletes, amends, or provides you access to your information.
• You can complain to your local data protection authority about the use of your information.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Rights that you may have under United Kingdom law include:
• Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
• Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting that we provide you with copies of your information.
• Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
• Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
• Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. The data protection authority for the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner, who can be contacted here.
7. Contact Us
• If you have any questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.